Organs in the Nervous System
- Responsible of all conscious and unconscious processes in the body.
- Coordinates organs and is responsible for all voluntary movement in the body
- Helps you remember things, learn, understand, think, create, talk, hear, taste, etc.
- One of the most important organs in the body
- .....Basically, your brain is responsible for mostly everything and you would be dead without it.
- The spinal cord is basically a nerve. It goes down throughout your body and relays all impulses, sensations and other information to all the parts of your body.
- A bundle of nerves that runs down from your brain along the spinal cord is called the spinal column.
- The Spinal Cord is about 40 cm long and about the width of your thumb
- They work to transmit information from the brain to the body.
- 31 pairs of spinal nerves branch off and go to different parts of the body to perform different functions.
- Cervical Region- supply information to the back of the head, neck, shoulders, arms, hands and the diaphragm.
- Thoracic region- supply information to the chest, and some parts of the abdomen.
- Lumbar region- supply information to the lower back, some parts of the thigh, and the legs.
- Sacral region- supply information to your butt, legs, feet, anal and genital area.
- Sensory systems are basically your 5 senses. with the help of nerves that send signal to your brain, you are able to get sensory information.
- When you are feeling hot or cold, your sensory neurons are helping you.
- The motor neurons are the ones that help you react to stimuli. When you hear a loud sound and suddenly jump up, that is the motor neurons
- The somatic motor neurons give orders to nerves.